The Master of Science degree with a major in Educational Technology is designed to prepare the student to work with educational technology in educational settings. Two curricular emphases are offered within the degree: (1) Technology Integration Specialist and (2) Library Media Specialist. Candidates who select the technology integration specialist emphasis prepare to lead in the design, development, and management of instructional materials through the use of educational technologies. Candidates who select the library media emphasis prepare to lead in the design, development, and direction of library media centers in elementary, middle and/or secondary schools. Recommendation for licensure as a school library media specialist is an expected end result. This program is delivered entirely online.
Note for Library Media Licensure only:
The student must provide evidence that he/she has a valid teaching license to be accepted into the Educational Technology Program. However, a valid Professional teaching license must be held to add the library media endorsement.
Procedural Steps for Master’s Degree:
1. The student must apply for and be admitted to a degree program through the Office of Continuing and Graduate Studies.
2. The student must fulfill the entrance requirements for the Educational Technology program as directed by the advisor.
3. The student must apply for candidacy in conference with the advisor.
4. The student must petition the Continuing and Graduate Studies office to graduate. All official transcripts from other institutions must be on file in the Continuing and Graduate Studies office. The advisor must have unofficial copies of the same transcripts.
5. The student must maintain an overall GPA of 3.00 or above for course work.
6. The candidate must satisfactorily pass the e-portfolio at the end of the program.